Due to curfew imposed on all the district of Jammu b'cuz of tension in communities it was very difficult to went to Jammu city for my NDA exam . Many of my friends were also giving that exam but their centre was at different . Only Simranjeet one of my buddy had same centre with me . Other guys was planning to went Jammu by Train b'cuz Bus service was effected by ongoing . Simranjeet and i also decided to go Jammu by Train . I left home at 5:00 early in morning . First i had to pick Simranjeet from Rajbhag . I went there . Our plan changed there .We decided to go went Jammu on my shoot #Dio . That plan was going to change into hell b'cuz we weren't fully aware of condition in Jammu . (For your info Jammu from my home is approx 80Km. We are minor and not permitted to drive) We were without helmet . Mob. internet was not working . As we reached the outskirts of Jammu we started feeling tension by seeing police and army personals at every square . Simranjeet called some of our friends to knew there location . Few were already reached Jammu Tawi Railway Station and few were at Kathua Station . We decided to go to Tawi Station . We met our friends which were there and they were also anxious about circumstances . One of my friend had left his admit card at home . Now he was searching for internet cafe but all the shops was off . Then after meeting them we decided to go to our centre were our paper had to happen. When we reached at Tawi Bridge there was enormous police . They didn't letting anyone to enter Jammu City. We decided to walk to our centre but Simranjeet had another idea. He told me plan. Plan was that that i had to walk to cross the bridge and he by applying trick would make policeman agreed . I was crossing bridge and was waiting for Simranjeet to come and pick me. But it was taking alot of time . I decided to make call to him. He was not answering my call . I thought he might be in trouble. As i crossed the bridge went to a policeman to ask him of address which was SPRM Commerce College . He showed me route . I was walking and calling Simranjeet . After walking somestep there was diversion . I didn't know where to go. I asked another policeman but his response was opposite to that of previous one. He was just to throw his stick on me ran away from there. Then Simranjeet called me. I was so frustrated that i was unwilling to answer his call. I picked and asked him his location . He said that he was already at Centre . That was unexpected response. I thought here i was tolerating the torture of police and he was at Centre . I was disappointed on him . I reached centre by walking few more steps . We met each other . We didn't had breakfast . Simranjeet and i went to a shop which was half open. We entered in the shop. Bought few items . As we were about to move out of shop , vehicles of army came. Shopkeeper locked his shop and we were entrapped inside the shop . That was hell bad. After army departure shopkeeper opened the shop and we came out of it. We had our meal.
contd. in My First Adventure Trip [ Part - 2 ]
entry 66 July 11, 2020 At some level, I like to personify stuff and all might be that’s somewhat acted as immunity against narcissism and hedonism. My Baji (Grandfather) was a straight forward and a bit rough kind of person. One who had served in the army during two very decisive wars (that of ’47, as a young recruit and ’71), It was normal of a person to be of that nature given the circumstances. He was a traveler and an explorer. He bought an Ambassador after retiring of the rank of Havaldar and drove it as a taxi. As a taxi driver, most of his expeditions were limited between Jammu and Srinagar. And how could one forget the heartiest desire of him to take me once to Patnitop, if everything went well. Alas! That could never happen as the incurable disease got better out of him. But one thing was obvious by the way he used to eulogize about Patnitop that that place had a special place inside his heart. And more than the desire of him to take me there I think he himself...
Comments
Post a Comment